babyliss blake lively

Blake Lively Inspired Waves: Met Ball 2014

08:17Unknown



Is it just me or is this the most beautiful, hollywood glam inspired hair style ever?! Now we all know Blake Lively is famous for the most beautiful golden locks in show biz, but the thing I really admire is her ability to literally pull of any hair style going. Im still watching old series of gossip girl and wondering how the hell she pulls off a ponytail plait without looking 12!  
Now although we can't attempt to pull off all her amazing hair do's, heres one I think is actually really achievable with the right tools, so heres how I achieve my Blake Lively inspired waves. 




I started by washing my hair with the Loreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening shampoo and conditioner, mainly because Blake Lively is the spokes girl for the product but secondly because it does give my limp and fine hair slightly more body which is definitely desired with this look, should be doing a review on these soon so let me know if you want to see that! 

I then go on to spray in some Aussie Miracle Colour Insurance leave in conditioner, as I have highlighted hair, I use this every time I wash my hair, firstly to stop my colour from fading but also because it makes my hair much softer, and easy to brush, as I have very knotty hair! I then used Loreal Elnett Satin Heat protection spray, something I always use before applying heat to my hair. 
Finally I spray Charles Worthington 'Turn Up the volume blow dry spray' into the roots just to add extra body and hold to my hair when blow drying. 



When blow drying I start by tipping my head upside down and just giving it a good old blast, this gives a bit of volume, and the hair is easier to work with the barrel brush when its not sopping wet! I then use my barrel brush to give volume to the roots, working the brush from the root then slightly twisting my hand as i bring the brush to the ends to give my hair a slight bounce.



I then take the left upper front section of my hair and give it a little backcomb with a paddle brush to create volume and hold similar to Blakes in the pictures from the Met Ball 2014. I give it a slight twist before pinning it in to make a softer prettier look. 
The key ingredient to achieve this look however is the Babyliss Waving Wand, it gives beautiful soft vintage style waves, which can be worn in a glamorous precise curl or can be messed up to create beachey surfer girl ready waves. 
I then section off my hair and wrap each section around the wand holding it for 12 seconds.  
Once I've taken the curl out of the wand I like to hold it for a few seconds to let it cool off before letting it drop, as this can cause the curl to drop. 
Once ive curled the whole head and let the curls cool down I very gently brush the curls out with a paddle brush, as I feel this gives a softer prettier look.   



I then like to use the Aussie Colour protection serum, to give my hair extra shine. I just pump a pea size amount onto the palm of my hair rub it between my fingers, then run it through the ends of my hair, to add extra shine and a glossy finish. 
I then spray a small amount of Mark Hill's Style Secrets hairspray (the best hairspray I've ever used!) to hold the look throughout the day. 


I really love this look and feel is could work as a pretty day time look or can be glammed up with beautiful makeup, accessories and a killer dress! 
I styled my hair in the morning and it literally stayed in all day, which is rarely happens when I curl my hair with any other product, as I have such poker straight hair! So I love using this wand as I know it won't let me down and fall out as soon as the british weather hits me! 

I hope this has been helpful! Let me know if you like posts like this and want to see more of them!

Caitlin B 
x





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love this! You're so pretty, let me be you! Love how you added what we were saying about her hair in gossip girl the other day, haha! Keep posting girlie, you're doing a great job :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks pretty lady, missing you already!! off to start following your blog now!xx

      Delete

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form