AW14 blake lively

The Review: L'oreal Pure Reds Collection

09:46Unknown



So last weekend I walked away from Superdrug with about 25 colourfully swiped and smudged swatches up my forearm, and a little pink bag full of goodies, after all you can never have too many lip products right? My best discovery from this cheeky little haul hands down goes to the ever so beautiful Pure Reds Collection by L'oreal. The collection is compiled of four custom made rouge matte shades, designed to suit a variety of skin tones.


Firstly (besides the lust worthy packaging) the intensity and pigmentation is perfect, just one quick swipe is all you need and you've got the gorgeous rich colour, secondly you'd assume as its matte it would feel quite drying and moisture sucking, however it glides on beautifully and is surprisingly hydrating which is perfect for me especially since the weather has taken a turn for the terrible! If I'm honest I wouldn't call it a pure matte shade as it does have a little sheen to it, but I actually way prefer this and the finish is to die for. It makes me wonder why people go running to the high end counters *cough Mac cough* when there are such good products on the highstreet at much more affordable prices at around £6 each! 

Now I'm definitely not a dark berry purple lip girl in autumn which is such a big trend I just can't jump on the band wagon with, so these reds are way more up my street. The colours I went for were: Blake's Pure Red, and Julianne's Pure red. Blake's is more of a classic red, perfect for all you blondes out there! Where as Julianne's was a bit more of an unusual colour, more of a bright raspberry red, with subtle undertones of pink - its hard to explain but totally gorgeous and just very flattering (Taylor Swift Red comes to mind), I think my eyes really pop when I wear this colour, which is always a lovely bonus!

( Loreal Pure Red's Collection: Julianne's Pure Red )

The most amazing thing about them though is the staying power! No word of a lie I popped this on before work one morning at around 8.00am and the colour was still there by 4.00pm when I finished! I was literally so amazed no touch ups required, so they definitely work well as a stain as well as a full on bold lip! 

If your looking for a red there will definitely be one for you in the collection so go check it out! 
Caitlin xo 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form